Buying a used car? A roadworthy certificate is required when a vehicle is sold or a used vehicle is to be registered It can only be performed by a Licensed RWC Tester at a Nominated Location.
Our Breakwater Workshop is Licensed to preform (LV) Light Vehicle RWC Inspections and issue RWC certificates in Geelong. A fully Equipped workshop with 12 Service Bays and a dedicated RWC bay means we are usually able to accommodate and quickly undertake any repairs that are required as a result of a RWC in a timely manner and to get you on the road sooner.
KEY Advantages of our RWC service.
✔ Geelong City drop-off / pickup
✔ Timely RWC turnaround
✔ Dedicated RWC bay
✔ Dedicated testing mechanics
✔ Skip the workshop queue with next in line access for any required repairs
✔ Retest within 7 days if required
If your vehicle fails to meet Vic Roads RWC inspection standards for any reason, you will be provided with a list of defects along with a hassle free quote to have your vehicle repaired and retested by us ASAP to save time. You also have the option to pickup your vehicle repair and return within 7 days for a recheck.Book now
The roadworthy inspection is a check of the vehicle to make sure that key components are in a good enough condition for safe road use. It includes:
- wheels and tyres
- steering, suspensions and braking systems
- seats and seatbelts
- lights and reflectors
- windscreen, and windows including front wipers and washers
- vehicle structure
- other safety related items on the body, chassis or engine.
What isn’t checked
The roadworthiness test isn’t a check of the mechanical reliability or general condition of a vehicle. A Certificate of Roadworthiness does not mean that:
- the vehicle is in top condition without any wear or deterioration
- non-safety related accessories (such as the air conditioner, rear window demister, electric windows and rear-window wipers) are working
- the items checked during the roadworthy inspection will continue to function after the inspection, e.g. a brake light can stop functioning at any time after the inspection
- the vehicle complies with all of the Australian Design Rules (ADRs)